In addition, plastic cards can be used a wide range of ways.
Use these durable and attractive cards for loyalty programs, contact information, VIP badges, photo IDs and more. They can be visual like most business cards, but they can interact with machines in many ways.
Because of the many uses of plastic cards, companies see benefits compared to traditional materials.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- Some PVC cards are biodegradable after four years when they are in contact with soil and composite.
- Any business wishing to lower its impact on the environment, should be using recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To learn more about plastic card printing, ask any questions or get a price quote, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are the same and making sure you find the right one for your specific job required careful Assessment of your printing needs.
We’re here to help you find the perfect plastic card printer at the perfect price. Plastic Card ID offers: Get award-winning customer service from experienced ID card professionals.
The top printer brands that can be found on our easy-to-navigate website.
Save up to 50% on printers and suppliers with everyday low prices. Pay only half of what you expected with our everyday low prices. Ongoing customer service that continues after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Finding the right ID card printer can be intimidating – understand these 5 key factors to help get the best printer for the job. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most printer brands make single-sided and double-sided printers.
Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. Dual sided card printers are great for completing large orders quickly. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
They utilize a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card but usually leave a white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies with large batches will need printers with large hopper sized, fast print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
Companies that print small amounts can appease their budget by buying a handfed only printer or a printer without high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards significantly adds to the cost of them while also increasing their durability, but this is essential for cards which will be regularly swiped through a reader.
Lamination also allows you to add holograms to your cards for greater security.
There are also less expensive ways to make a more secure card such as holographic card stock, holographic stickers, watermarks, and similar visual security features. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be directly connected to a PC with a USB cable.
Nearly all are designed to connect to PCs, but be sure to check if you need Mac compatibility. A printer that has ethernet connection capability is highly recommended if a number of different computers need to be connected to it. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is just another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a plastic used in a wide range of products. It is usually thought of in terms of construction, but it is a common material for ID cards, as well. This means that a PVC card printer can really involve any kind of photo ID maker. How Do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers work using any number of methods to ensure a design on an ID card is properly transferred. Some of the most common techniques used to print PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. One of the more popular methods for ID card printing is dye sublimation printing that requires the use of a ribbon which has panels containing three main colors, they include Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta.
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of ID card printing. This method uses a ribbon with panels of three primary colors (yellow, cyan, and magenta) on the entire length.
While the card is printing, a print head with heated elements goes over the ribbon. It evaporates the ink on the ribbon where appropriate, transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordable color plastic card printer on the market today.
This is a single-sided printer that allows for printing on card backs as an option.
By manually flipping the card over yourself, this printer will print on either side of the card and save you money!
This can save you $600, which is roughly the price difference between a single-sided and dual-sided printer.
AN ALL-INCLUSIVE SOLUTION
Badge Studio card personalization software, a plastic card printer, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for up to 100 print jobs.
In addition, a card template library is available for free at www.badgy.com so you can personalize the template of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 lets you print your own cards completely independently.
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also import data from a database, adding information to your design quickly and easily, and even accounting for variable data printing.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer can create professional-quality, personalized plastic cards that have edge-to-edge printing, all while placing great emphasis on your company’s brand image.
EASE OF USE The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software gives you control over the printer from your computer through received notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized.
COMPACT - These printers are smaller than the usual office printer, designed to easily fit into any setting without being a burden.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy gives you the power to print your own customized badges in color with professional quality whenever and wherever you want! This solution provides for the instant production of personalized cards for all kinds of uses.
- A Card Printer
The Badgy card printer is as easy to use as any printer; it just prints onto plastic instead of paper.
- Badgy prints quality badges in full color, allowing you the ability to print the badges you want, when and where you want them.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 is unbelievably simple to install, run and maintain.
- The slim, unobtrusive design allows you to find a place for it in any type of setting.
- Evolis provides the Badgy200 solution to help you print professional-quality color badges easily.
- Badgy200 can fulfill all of your printing card needs when instant card production or graphic personalization is required for single cards or small batches.
- This color ID printer is ideal for producing customized employee visitor badges or event badges.
- Badgy Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Installation on Windows PCs is a snap with a simple CD that handles everything for you. It's really a plug-and-play solution from there.
- Design and print superior quality, full coverage badges, or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- You only need a basic familiarity with PC or Macintosh computers to have Badgy up and going in mere minutes.
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows gives you control of your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Get a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize a template by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all the supplies and accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards - standard credit card size
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is an affordable solution, ideal for low volume card printing applications. It's a complete, out-of-the-box, all-in-one solution perfect for new users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy comes with a 25-card tray for input/output, top-side ribbon reloading, and power connection with USB port in the rear.
In addition, the LCD control panel makes the Badgy200 card printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 produces full-color, photographic quality prints that cover the entirety of the plastic card. Adding bar codes is also not a problem with Badgy.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
Plus, you'll use less power when using the money-saving hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy200 Overview: This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer to produce cards at 300 dpi with two million colors available.
This printer is also very fast, with a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome print speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them, in batches or one at a time: Gift and loyalty cards
Event badges Visitor badges